With this blog I am setting out to understand a point of view that up until now I have never even tried to make sense of. Growing up in a liberal family when the discussion of abortion rights would come up the only logical stance to take would be pro-choice. It's not to say that I am only pro-choice because the rest of my family is, but the fact that I have only seen my views on this subject as the right views shows that they did have some influence on me. I had always heard my parents muttering about crazy extreme pro-life groups and had seen articles and pictures from protests in Washington D.C. but I never considered myself to be well learned in both sides of this controversial topic. With each entry in this blog I want to research and discuss why pro-life groups feel the way they do. I know where my stand on this subject comes from, and now I want to know where they come from. I invite people to comment and discuss what I write, and if I offend please let me know I do not wish to offend I only wish to understand. I plan on researching groups that are made up of teens, families, and even a group full of women who themselves had abortions. I want to cover all sides of the pro-life spectrum. I need to step away from my family and friends opinions on pro-life groups and begin to form my own through this blog.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment