Judie Brown looks like a sweet old woman that you would want as your grandma, but when she opens her mouth, about abortion she is a cold determined woman. This sixty five year old woman is the president and co-founder of the largest catholic pro-life organizations in the USA, called American Life League. Right away the fact that her group is founded on catholic values shows that it is religion that brought her into this lifestyle. While Judie Brown is not extreme in a sense of violence, she is absolutely extreme in her views. She stands on the grounds that there are no exceptions when it come to abortions, it doesn’t matter how the child was conceived, or any medical issues, the baby must not be aborted. In the video that I am attaching she goes so far as to use a catholic bishops words to support her decree that if you are anti-abortion there are no exceptions. Her arguments and views on abortion are very black and white. At first while watching the video of her giving a speech it was hard to believe that she could seem so heartless. At one point she even says that it doesn’t matter if the baby was a product of incest of rape, that it should not be aborted. Throughout my research I have found very few women leaders, so to find Judie brown who has been pro-life for more then 30 years, and to hear her tear down her own sex is just really hard. It is almost easier for me to understand why men are so pro-life, then with women. With men I see it as something that they have never been able to experience and so they can not fathom getting rid of it, it is something out of their control because it is not in their body, and so the only control they do have is to stop women from killing it. With women as pro-lifers I can’t just justify it by their not being able to understand, because they do, women should be looking out for each other, and understand that a baby is not always conceived in a happy place. Judie Brown has a family and children and yet she continues to speak just definite words against abortion. It just makes me wonder what would happen if one of her children were raped, or if one of her babies was going to be born with a horrible debilitation disease, would she still hold strong to her guns? In her speech she goes on to quote various popes, saying that a person who decides to have an abortion is a person with an unformed conscious, if your conscious is formed properly you will live by the natural law or the Ten Commandments. This woman’s views to me are just so diluted and irrational, and yet I can really see that she whole heartily believes in what she is saying. She is not trying to hurt people she is merely doing what she thinks is the right thing to do according to god. With Judie Brown I cannot say that I accept what she is saying as anything more then irrational blabber, but I can say that I understand her dedication to what she believes in. She has spent more then thirty years on this crusade, so while I think she is ridiculous, I must take a step back and recognize that she is a very strong independent woman who is just doing what she believes is right.
I can not figure out how to upload the video so watch it at the prolifeprofile.com link below.
Sources:
Judie Brown American Life League Tier 1- Person hood now, http://prolifeprofiles.com/brown
2005, Judie Brown, http://www.all.org/article.php?id=10058
No comments:
Post a Comment