Friday, December 11, 2009

Understanding

So this is my fourth blog entry and I really thought with the other ones that I was beginning to understand some of the reasons people are so pro-life. While I have begun to understand some of the reasons, it’s hard to fully understand because I have not been able to actually go to a protest, or meet with someone who is pro-life. I have been trying to find someone who has been to a protest, or has strong feelings about abortions but I have been unlucky in my search. I understand that it is hard for me to actually understand this movement without fully immersing myself in it, but unfortunately, internet sources, and first hand accounts from pro-lifers is going to have to be enough. For my next few blogs I want to take a look at a few of the individuals who lead some of the extremist anti-abortion groups. I want to try to understand how they got to where they are today, what fueled there anger toward abortion. I feel that by focusing on a few individuals I will be able to understand this movement more fully. A few questions that I hope to answer for myself throughout the blogs are, what drove them to this lifestyle? How are they able to justify their actions to themselves, and why did they choose this issue in particular to protest against. I think by answering these questions I will be able to understand more fully why people are against abortions.

No comments:

Post a Comment